I simply dont know how to say it out but I'll try.
Its funny when you can be nervous and then depressed and then happy in a day.
Today's SYF was a disappointment to many of us. Even though we managed to maintain our silver award. But somehow, I really really strongly feel that we could've gotten a gold. When they announced our results, the hall went into total silence. Some began to cry. Some were too tired to even think about it that they were expression-less. I was expecting a gold actually because I know that we are beyond silver. This would be the first and maybe the last syf I'm partipating. And I really hope to get a good medal. It's really sad you know when you didn't manage to achieve your goal especially when it's like gonna happen only once in a blue moon.
So, our goal which is gold is gone.
Apart from that, after syf, the graduating seniors will be stepping down. And this is what I hate most. Come to think of it makes me wanna cry and cry non-stop.
Although we got a silver, you all will always be gold in my heart. -Omairah, Concert Mistress
I burst into tears when she announced that to the whole band when debriefing. I mean almost the whole band were in tears at that point of time. I can also sense the sadness from the guys' facial expression. It was really very solemn. And when she said "Graduating seniors" I even cried more. I dont want them to step down if possible but that's definitely impossible. How I wish I had three wishes and I could wish to turn back time. I thought about how my batch are gonna take over and lead the band this year. I thought about what will be of my section's future. I thought about who's gonna lead my section. I thought about how will we gonna handle everything. I am definitely inferior compared to Amanda and Fariha. They're brave, daring and bold unlike me. So timid. So quiet. It's obvious that I wont be a good leader. It wont be the same without them. And when we had to pack up the music room, the atmosphere and the layout and everything inside just brings me memories of our long hours practices. It would definitely wont be the same again. The memories are too wonderful to even think about it. And not forgetting, Ms Tee, our percussion tutor who had been guiding us, encouraging us and motivating us every second. She is someone whom I respect a lot. And it would also not be the same without her presence in damai again. I can't thank her enough for her efforts and hardwork in pushing us to the limit. I strongly feel that we improved since the first day she came down and helped us.
I know it would be difficult but I believe that you will be able to move on with life. I'm proud to see you perform your best up there. I heard it, I felt it. It was great. All the best in life. -Ms Tee
It's just so calming and encouraging that I cried upon reading it. Sigh. This is so stupid. One moment you just feel like you want SYF to be over as fast as possible but later, you feel like you wanna turn back time.
Gosh, and there won't be any SI or morning sectionals again. And there wont be anything to look forward to anymore. Tomorrow will be a boring day. And tomorrow there's p.e. Which means 2 rounds round the school and no more 1 round. And there's oral after school. SCREAM. I will be dreading tomorrow. It's gonna be a draggy day. A very looong day for me. Shit.
Nonetheless, I will take this opportunity to say this to all bandmates,
It has been a really wonderful journey working hard together for syf.
Unbelievable as it is, I know the graduating seniors have to step down sooner or later.
But without you seniors, we wont be what we are today.
In fact, your efforts are graded in what your juniors have become and grown until today.
And you know that we played our very best and you were all expecting a gold.
The memories that we spent together will always be treasured.
I just cant thank you enough. If I could, I would turn back time if possible.
But thats obviously impossible.
And to all my peers, we will soon be the upcoming batch to lead damai windz.
I believe that we can do it if we put our heart and soul into it.
To all juniors, I'm very proud of your performance today.
Continue to strive harder for the next syf and achieve the goal that we've been targetting for years. =)
Goodnight.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home